Charlie Chan Message Board

News:Do the Chan.

Bob Meehl (Tarneverro) has passed

(Read 6706 times)

Steve O

I really, really hate reading this.  Long time board member Bob Meehl (Tarneverro) passed away a few months ago from cancer.  I don't know what to say except that his family is in my prayers and hopefully we'll meet again on the Heavenly Chan Board on the other side.

RIP.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/twincities/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=187793539

dr.cream

• Administrator
  • CCMB Webmaster and King
Yes, very sad news.  Sending prayers, also.  :(
Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 10:28:37 am by dr.cream

Ed Kasprowicz

He was a good guy and will be missed.   ...Ed K

rodb

Sad news. he also was very informative when he responded on the board

John Cucinotta

This is sad news.  I always enjoyed reading "Tarneverro" Bob's postings.  We also had several friendly private e-mail discussions about Chan movies in the past.  Bob was also very helpful to me in obtaining movie memorabilia.  I am trying to acquire a lobby card for each Chan film.  The usual sources, such as eBay, can get to be very costly.  Bob referred me to a few other people who privately sell movie memorabilia, and I was able to pick up a few lobby cards for my collection.  We never personally met, but he seemed like a very nice guy.

GaryLeeOz

Sorry to hear this sad news about Bob's passing. I remember the amazing movie posters or stills he included in some of his posts.

I once traded a movie with him years ago. He was curious about an English actress, Nova Pilbeam, who appeared in two early Hitchcock UK movies (Young and Innocent, the first version of "The Man Who Knew Too Much") and I happened to have another one of her UK movies, "Little Friend" that I recorded off a local TV station. He emailed me to say that he enjoyed the movie (unfortunately I can't remember anything about that movie these days).   
Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:55:43 am by GaryLeeOz

Mr. Manderley

This is sad news. Eternal rest grant to him, O Lord; and let light perpetual shine upon him. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.