Charlie Chan Message Board

News:Do the Chan.

The New Adventures of Charlie Chan

(Read 4680 times)

Brian L.

Does anyone know who owns the rights to "The New Adventures of Charlie Chan" starring J. Carrol Naish  ? It looks like there were a total of 39 half-hour episodes during the years 1957 and 1958. I know these aren't up to the standards of our regular Charlie Chan movies but I do find them to be quick-moving mysteries that frequently contained a twist in the plot.  I wish someone would find decent prints and release them on commercial DVDs. Any thoughts or information would be most humbly appreciated.

Brian L.

John Cucinotta

Years ago I bought a set of DVD's from this TV series on eBay.  The label says "Big B's Videos".  I don't know if they are still in business, but the DVD's are good quality for an old black-and -white TV show.  I've watched most of the episodes over the years.  Most of them are good stories, and they are worth watching.

GaryLeeOz

The ITC Entertainment logo appears before the beginning credits and after the end credits of the episodes that were broadcast on the Mystery Channel (in the 1990s ??). ITC is the same UK company that made the Saint (with Roger Moore), Secret Agent (aka Dangerman with Patrick MacGoohan and the Baron (with Steve Forrest) in the 1960s. I guess Naish's Charlie Chan isn't high on their priority list of possible future DVD releases.