Charlie Chan Message Board

News:Do the Chan.

Charlie Chan Facebook Group

(Read 6415 times)

Mr. Manderley

How many people here are on Facebook? I understand about 2/3 of Americans use FB. This may be a way to identify Charlie Chan fans. I belong to several FB groups on various subjects including TV and movies. There is no Charlie Chan Fan group. I would like to start one but would need help with administering the group. People who join can be directed to the CCMB. 

sciano

Hi:
   I've thought for a long time Facebook may be helpful to recruit CC fans.  My only fear is that you may get alot of trolls saying nasty things.  You could make it a private group that would require people to be added to the group, but this may not attract asa many new people as you wold like.  t may be something to explore, I hope some others chime in with their thoughts.

Ed

Mr. Manderley

I agree. I was thinking there might be a problem with trolls which is why it would might need to be a closed group with many administrators to monitor problems. That's in part why I don't want to do it on my own. Maybe it could be a Chan/Moto group.

robiname

Mr. Manderley

This is wonderful. Last time I searched, I didn't find anything. Looks like the group has been around since 2014. No names I recognize. Thanks for the link!

Ed Kasprowicz

I'm okay with Facebook. I had to get my own account a few years back, after my wife, Nancy, died, and as soon as I did, I started being awarded all of these millions of dollars from Nigeria. Honestly, I there's not enough hours in the day to spend it all, so I just leave it for other, less fortunate folks, to claim. Anyone looking for me on FB will have to look under my childhood nickname, "Chip". It's easy enough to find, I'm the first runner up in the Wilford Brimley look alike contest. ...Ed K.