Charlie Chan Message Board

News:Do the Chan.

Final 3 Chans are coming

(Read 17522 times)

Steve O

It's been a looooong time but the final 3 Monogram Chans are scheduled to be released on DVD by the Warner Archive collection possibly as early as next month.  Unlike the previous Monogram releases these will not be retail product but MOD (Manufactured on Demand) and available directly from the Warner Archive website.

More to come when they make the official announcement.

Don Mc

That's good to hear. I would have preferred a retail version, but so far all the MOD versions I have of other movies have been fine. They will sure beat the copies I have now.

AlanFox

That is great news!
Retired - each morning I make a list of those things that I'm not going to do today, and then during the day I don't do them.

DrHumbug

Sounds great. I'll now be able to get rid of my old VCR tapes and grey market DVDs of these three films.

Bob Andersen

Great!  Thanks for the update.

sciano

Hi:

Great.  Can you refresh me on which 3 films are left? 

Ed

AlanFox

Red Dragon, The Feathered Serpent and The Sky Dragon, I believe.
Retired - each morning I make a list of those things that I'm not going to do today, and then during the day I don't do them.

AlanFox

sciano

Thanks.  Willl go to pre order now.  Looking forward to getting them

Ed

Bytown

I ordered mine from CD Universe.

$20.49 plus shipping.

Wayne

sciano

Hi:

Are you sure you ordered the rightones?  I checked CD Universe and did not see them.  Warner Bros states they are a special order item that they print on demand only.

Ed

Bytown

sciano

Hi:

You are right.  Seems to be the correct set, also now available to order thru Amazon.  Warner bros needs to update their site if this is going to be a general release, and not a special order like they say.  Thanks.

Ed

AlanFox

Just checked and Amazon has it cheaper (Prime, free shipping) and can get it delivered tomorrow. Checked with WB Shop and it won't be shipped until the end of the week. Also, they will NOT cancel the order because it's in process for shipping. I will definitely remember this if I EVER look at buying anything from these people again.

SteveinVa

Got mine last night, thanks to Amazon Prime.  So far, FEATHERED SERPENT looks and sounds great!