Charlie Chan Message Board

News:Do the Chan.

Last set of Chan DVD's? Haven't asked for awhile, so ...

(Read 5418 times)

AlanFox

Still waiting for the last Chan DVD set. I had heard some time ago that they were in process, but haven't seen anything yet. Anyone have an update? Thank you.
Retired - each morning I make a list of those things that I'm not going to do today, and then during the day I don't do them.

Steve O

Great question, Alan.  I've not heard or read anything specific to the Chans.  The media has reported that Home Entertainment divisions are being downsized across the board due to a softening home video market so I wonder if that plays a role in this.   Thousands were laid off at Warner (which includes the cable networks TNT, TBS, etc.)   I really hope this gets finished soon as I'd hate to come this far only to not get the last 3 released.

Jsozansky2013

Hi

When Warners acquired the 11 Chan films they now own they began the process of restoration
on all of them at once. Some, according to Steve O, were the original nitrate negatives and
were easy to reproduce onto DVD. The others were in various stages of disrepair. It took
three years to put out the second set. I have read that these last three needed extensive work.
However keep the faith. The first two sets sold very well and if it's one thing Warners knows
it's the bottom line. They will finish the job but the continued restoration will probably still take
more time. Just how much time? I guess all of us will just have to stay tuned.

John S.

ChanPhan

I definitely hope the remaining Chans come out on DVD soon.  Some of us are not all that young.   :o

ChanPhan

A few more months since my previous post.  Does anyone have any idea if there will be another set of Chan films coming our on DVD?  I hope to get the remaining movies I don't have on DVD before the era of DVD ends.  :)