Charlie Chan Message Board

News:Do the Chan.

tcm december

(Read 6952 times)

rodb

off topic, but on december 31st  TCM is showing all six THIN MAN movies in a row. ;D

TraderJack

rodb, you Always do an outstanding job of letting us know when Mysteries pop up on TV.

Keep the Tips rolling for us, as some of us miss these movies. Have caught All of your
movies that you've pointed out in the past, BTW.

Trader Jack

channer

Thank you for this timely information. It's possible that some of our members might be, um, distracted that evening.  ;D

rodb

happy new year to all    ;D

John Cucinotta

Thanks for the heads-up.  Awhile ago I bought a DVD set of Thin Man movies, but the "Shadow of the Thin Man" is full of skips and freezes, and is unwatchable.  Now I can finally see this movie without cursing at the TV.

Happy New Year to All !!!

Gravelle

And a very happy New Year to you all as well!  :)

channer

Probably like many of you, after a decorous New Year celebration I settled down to watch some of the Thin Man movies on TCM. All was well until "The Thin Man Goes Home" came on. For some reason, for me it just doesn't have the same feel as the other TM movies. Twenty minutes into it, I gave up and went to sleep. It just seems cliched and silly, and not a worthy entry in the series of six movies. Does anyone else feel this way about this one?
Between Christmas and New Years, I managed to cram in a birthday celebration. Won't mention any numbers, but it seems that I am now on the ragged edge of codgerdom; a grim prospect indeed.
I do hope all of us have a healthy, productive year in 2016. And stay vertical; after all, we're going to be horizontal for a long time.