Charlie Chan Message Board

News:Do the Chan.

UPCOMING TCM SCHEDULE

(Read 15368 times)

rodb

MAY27TH @1:45PM   FAST + FURIOUS
MAY30TH @12:00  ANOTHER THIN MAN

Rhadini

It's a good idea to have a regular thread devoted just to upcoming films on TCM.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 - A night devoted to Bulldog Drummond. All times Eastern.

08:00pm Bulldog Drummond Escapes (1937)
09:15pm Bulldog Drummond at Bay (1947) <-- {turns out they really aired the 1937 version with John Lodge}
10:45pm Bulldog Drummond Comes Back (1937)
12:00am Bulldog Drummond's Revenge (1937)
01:15am Bulldog Drummond's Peril (1938)
02:30am Bulldog Drummond in Africa (1938)
03:45am Bulldog Drummond's Secret Police (1939)
05:00am Bulldog Drummond's Bride (1939)

Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:52:02 am by Rhadini

Don Mc

Thanks. I don't have Bulldog Drummond At Bay (1947).

rodb

thanks for looking ahead to June. More than half of these movies i haven't seen and will be looking forward to taping as much as possible   ;D

John Cucinotta

Years ago I saw "Bulldog Drummond Strikes Back", which is an older movie in the series from 1934.  Ronald Colman plays Drummond in that film, and it co-stars Warner Oland as a sinister Asian Prince.  I may have even taped it on VHS, so it's possibly in my basement somewhere on an unlabeled cassette.  I have never again see this Drummond film on any of the old movie cable channels.  Is it currently unavailable?  It certainly isn't a "lost film", but maybe copies are scarce.  Has anyone else seen this film?

Chris Ellis

Yes, I have seen Bulldog Drummond Strikes Back (1934) with Ronald Colman and it is one of my favourite detective series films. It is not available for TV broadcasting/viewing due to copyright matters...anyway, as I recall it was available for purchase for a time on DVD from Sinister Cinema in Oregon but no longer seems available from them....Chris Ellis

Rhadini

I'm not sure why, but Bulldog Drummond Strikes Back (1934) is available online at dailymotion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zo515_bulldog-drummond-strikes-back-1934-feature_shortfilms

TraderJack

Yeah, it's a Superb idea to have a thread to Update Mystery Movies upcoming on TCM. Without this regular information,
some of us would surely Miss some of these movies.

Keep it rolling for us. We can use the monthly update assistance.

Trader Jack

robiname

TCM is having their Summer of Darkness Festival of Film Noir movies all day on Fridays in June and July. If you're a Film Noir fan, and who isn't, check out their summer schedule on TCM.
[url][/http://www.tcm.com/summerofdarkness/url]

Rhadini

Charlie Chan on TCM

Sunday, September 20, 2015 (All times Eastern)

08:00pm Dark Alibi (1946)
09:15pm Dangerous Money (1946)

a couple of 'Falcon' movies follow

rodb

great catch.  I had only looked as far as sept 5th the other day. I really believe that tcm will show charlie chan films if requested, but i don't think there is enough of a fan base to put in the requests?

;D

Ed Kasprowicz

Actually, TCM has been selling a small Chan movie collection that includes these titles recently. ...Ed K.

Ed Kasprowicz

This looks like a great month us on TCM. Tonight they're airing a few W.C. Fields movies, including his very best, It's A Gift, and The Bank Dick. Then they'll be running some Agatha Christie titles, including And Then There was None, and it's color remake, 10 Little Indians. Besides the Chan movies, there are more Bulldog Drummonds, Falcons, and the wonderful Phantom of Crestwood. I recommend going to the TCM.com website and pulling up the monthly schedule to get complete descriptions, dates, starting times, etc. ...Ed K.

rodb

it does look like a good month for movies.  I actually watched Bulldog for the first time this past saturday.

thank you

channer

According to TCM's movie guide, the movie Bulldog Drummond will be shown tonight, Thursday, Jan. 7th, at 7:00 pm CST. Many Chan fans are probably also Drummond enthusiasts. This movie's last TCM showing appears to have been last June.
Please bring your own popcorn.