Charlie Chan Message Board

News:Do the Chan.

OT: Anyone else like Wallander?

(Read 5570 times)

dr.cream

• Administrator
  • CCMB Webmaster and King
One of my favorites of the last few years is the Swedish filmed-for-TV Wallander series, based on the Henning Mankell police procedural mysteries.  There is also the English version Branaugh (sp?) series, but I find the Swedish one to be more true to the lead character and the generally dark mood of the books.  Season Two is on Netflix and Season One is on Hulu Plus. Anyone else like these?  I have heard the third season is not as good.

Dr. C.

vettox

Yes- we liked the Wallander series with Braunagh (sp?). He was great in Shackleford.  What a true story in leadership.

Ed Kasprowicz

I tried one of the episodes a few years back, but, actually found it to be a little too dark (charred bodies all over the place) for my taste. ...Ed K.

dr.cream

• Administrator
  • CCMB Webmaster and King
I tried one of the episodes a few years back, but, actually found it to be a little too dark (charred bodies all over the place) for my taste. ...Ed K.

I find that the best axe murders are in Scandinavian crime fiction.    :o

channer

The character Wallander was alright, although not nearly as interesting as Hercule Poirot with all his eccentricities on display. The memorable thing about the series to me was the unrelenting, depressing bleakness of the rural countryside in winter. No wonder they are known for their axe murders - at least in crime fiction anyway.