Charlie Chan Message Board

News:Do the Chan.

Shakespeare and Hathaway

(Read 11584 times)

Ed Kasprowicz

This is a stretch, but, the only similarity between Charlie Chan and S&H is that both Frank and Charlie are a tad overweight. That said, I've really grown to love this British series, and the characters and actors, especially Patrick Walshe McBride, who seems to have Keye Luke's ability to steal whatever scene he's in. Has anyone else seen these? ...Ed Kasprowicz

ChanPhan

We have enjoyed S&H as well.  We watch and enjoy many British series. 

Chris Ellis

Have not been here for a while but glad to see the Judge still active with posts....we also watch Shakespeare and Hathaway and agree Patrick Walshe McBride is a hoot in any episode appearance. The first few episodes we watched from early in the series were enjoyable but the ones we are watching now from Season 2 have been uniformly excellent: quite humorous and well plotted...the series seems to get better as it proceeds. We get it up in Canada along with almost every other British mystery series ever made on either BritBox or Acorn TV. Have been watching older series I have not seen in years or never seen before such as The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes, Father Brown with Kenneth More, Inspector Lynley Mysteries, etc. Plenty to keep us entertained in these trying times!

John Cucinotta

I'll have to see if this series is available in my area.  Ed, do you watch it on a cable network?  I have Spectrum Cable in my area, but I don't have a premium package with all of the channels.  It would be nice to watch something different, and I'm getting tired of old re-runs of Perry Mason and Law & Order !!

Ed Kasprowicz

We get Shakespeare and Hathaway on PBS (13) here on Cablevision. I've also gotten into Professor T., another mystery series on PBS set in Belgium, and Baptiste, set in the Netherlands. Baptiste is mostly in English, but, Prof. T. is in Flemish (I think) with subtitles. Both shows are venturing into new territory. Even my 14 year old grandson glues himself to the seat for Professor T. It's that good. Glad to hear that we're all alive and entertained in these very trying times. ...Ed K.