Charlie Chan Message Board

News:Do the Chan.

off topic

(Read 8518 times)

rodb

i was wondering if anybody would guess who killed sir thomas's dog in the movie THE KENNEL MURDER CASE?
Was it Archer Coe or Raymond Wrede?

John Cucinotta

Good question!  I haven't seen this movie in many years.  I'll try to watch it this weekend and look at that aspect again.

Chris Ellis

Is not really explicity revealed in film but Archer Coe is the guilty party to everyone in the film who expresses an opinion and I do not think Raymond Wrede had a motive to do so whereas Archer Coe did to ensure his dog won the competition and he is just a nasty guy...Chris.

rodb

I kind of felt the same way; but remember raymond saying he had a dinner date with her that night, but yet she shows up at the kennel with sir thomas; plus the killer sees that archer is alive from sir thomas's room? :o

Chris Ellis

Yes, I agree that in Vance's reconstruction it says the killer saw Archer from Sir Thomas's building which does not seem plausible and which is never explained...it is a plot flaw that I think some commentators who have written about this film mention seems totally screwy (Jon Tuska in his "Detective in Hollywood"/"In Manors and Alleys" book? -- my copy is not accessible here so cannot check to make sure).