Charlie Chan Message Board

News:Do the Chan.

Bill Lutters (1947-2016)

(Read 9320 times)

Rush Glick

According to Virginia Johnson, long-time Charlie Chan fan Bill Lutters passed away on June 22. Mr. Lutters had been a well-known participant on this message board. Details as to the cause of his death were not available, but Bill has had continuing health difficulties for some years. As was her regular practice, Virginia had spoken with Bill, who was at his Daytona Beach, Florida home, earlier that day. She notes that he had received and had enjoyed viewing his copy of the new DVD release of the final three Charlie Chan films from Warner Brothers.

Virginia has lost a dear, long-distance friend, and Chandom has lost a gentleman and a great fan.  Please keep Bill Lutters and his family in your prayers...

Sincerely,
Rush Glick

Mr. Manderley

Oh, no. This is terribly sad news. Bill has been at the CCMB for decades. Another longtime contributor to the CCMB gone. He was among a few of us that defended Dangerous Money. I liked his posts a lot. Requiescat in pace, Bill.   

rodb

very sad news. i enjoyed his posts through the years on the chan site

GaryLeeOz

Sorry to hear about Bill's passing. Thanks to Rush and Virginia for letting us know.

Steve O

Very sad and I hope Bill is at peace now with his health issues behind him.  I tried to find on online obituary but couldn't which makes me wonder if he had any family at all.  Very sad.  There is a nice picture (from 1984) in google images of Bill referencing his admiration of singer Trini Lopez. 

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1755&dat=19840614&id=9dAyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Hr8EAAAAIBAJ&pg=5245,2161094&hl=en

John Cucinotta

I'm very sorry to hear this sad news.  I always enjoyed reading Bill's posts on the Message Board, and in the past we also discussed movie topics by private email.  We didn't discuss much in terms of personal information, but Bill never mentioned any family, so I don't know if he has any survivors.  If he has a spouse or children, I would like to send them a card and a note, if we can find any names and addresses.

Chris Ellis

I am also very sad to hear of Bill's passing (and Ken Hanke too). Chris.

Mr. Manderley

I could not find an obituary either.

Ed Kasprowicz

I'm so sorry to learn of Bill's death. Another good friend from the Chan Board gone too soon. ...Ed K. :(

Gravelle

R.I.P., Bill, my "Daytona Beach Amigo". Very sad news, indeed.  :'(